Date Added: 12 January 2018
: 31 January 2018
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker
Working For: Rushanara Ali MP (Bethnal Green and Bow)
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic candidate to join our busy constituency office as a full-time Caseworker. This position will also involve providing administrative support to the Member and her staff as well as some policy work.
• Dealing with incoming telephone and visitor enquiries, responding to emails and letters, efficient data and file management, opening and dispatching mail.
• Gather relevant information from constituents and taking the appropriate action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or enquiries.
• Communicate with relevant Government Departments, Agencies and other organisations on behalf of constituents.
• Leading on policy casework which includes research and drafting of responses to constituents on Rushanara’s behalf.
• Attend surgeries and other meetings to assist the Member in dealing with constituency casework
• Ensure cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner, adhering to the Data Protection Act principles and respecting the confidentiality of data at all times.
• Competent use of IT including Microsoft Office packages, email and internet. Knowledge of the caseworker.mp system is an advantage.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework.
• Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts.
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Able to work with minimal supervision as part of a small team.
• Able to engage with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
• Excellent written and other communications skills.
• Excellent administrative and IT skills.
• Good research skills.
• Knowledge of the constituency an advantage.
• Enthusiastic and willing to carry out day-to-day tasks.
• Commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
• Clear commitment to helping people.
• Good knowledge of key social policy issues: welfare benefits, immigration, housing and health.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 31 January 2018
Interviews likely to take place on 9th February 2018 with any starting date to be soon after this.
To apply please send a CV of no more than two pages and a one page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Application Constituency Caseworker – [YOUR NAME]' in the subject field.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of responses, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.