Date Added: 12 January 2018
: 2 February 2018
Job Title: Policy Relations Manager
Working For: Henry Jackson Society
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
To promote the ideas and published content of The Henry Jackson Society to decision makers within Westminster and Whitehall.
This is a proactive role that will require you to build support for HJS’s educational agenda, working closely with politicians and their staff, the political parties and the political media. With colleagues in the Research and Communications & Policy departments, you will be playing a lead role in identifying political opportunities and parliamentary processes that will allow for a more thorough dissemination of HJS’s work, as well as managing the regular opportunities offered by the parliamentary calendar (e.g. Select Committee Calls for Evidence).
In consultation with colleagues, you will take ownership of education about a range of policy areas which may be adjusted according to topical issues and personal interest.
- A sophisticated understanding of the UK political scene and the workings of Parliament
- Minimum 1-2 years' relevant experience, ideally inside Parliament or in a directly relevant role
- A track record of success in building appropriate relationships with Parliamentarians, preferably in a cross-partisan context
- Demonstrable examples of their personal network of relevant relationships
- Previous experience in an administrative role
- Experience with use of databases
- Experience of managing events
- Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office packages
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Accurate data entry skills
- Ability to handle high-pressured environment
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours without time of in lieu
- Ability to work flexibly as role demands
- Pro-active and self-motivated with a drive to develop and willingness to undertake further training if necessary
- Passionate and enthusiastic about the work of HJS
Closing Date: 2 February 2018
Start date ASAP.
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter (the latter to include salary expectations), to Dr Alan Mendoza at firstname.lastname@example.org.