Date Added: 12 January 2018
: 5 February 2018
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Working For: Conservative Campaign Headquarters
We are looking for an outstanding and energetic Business Development Manager at Conservative Campaign Headquarters to build on our fundraising success. Reporting directly to the Head of Fundraising, this role will play a pivotal part in supporting our Treasurers’ department to recruit new members of our donor clubs.
This position will be both challenging and fast paced, requiring an ambitious individual. A key member of the fundraising team, you will be responsible for leading our new member activity, building and implementing our strategy and growing our membership base ever further.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Research and build a clear knowledge of target members, to develop and manage opportunities/new relationships for The Conservative Party.
- Sourcing new business, from which will include; published lists, existing donor club members, senior volunteers, our network of contacts and affiliate groups.
- Be entirely responsible for a portfolio of new member propositions and the continuous process and revising that portfolio
- Devise approaches to prospective members and deliver high quality, innovative and engaging pitches
- Work closely with the existing Treasurers’ department to ensure a cohesive organisation approach to maximise revenue.
Your essential skills will be:
- Proven experience in fundraising and new business development
- Proven experience of building long term relationships with senior stakeholders
- A self-starter, with strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work well in a team and autonomously, and manage own workload
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong listening, organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to engage with business leaders, senior supporters of the party, politicians and their offices
- An interest in politics and a commitment to the Conservative Party
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Access
Because of the nature of the organisation and role, this role requires regular travel.
Closing Date: 5 February 2018
Please email your CV and covering letter to Recruitment@conservatives.com.
Please note that, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. If you have not heard from us by 28th February 2018 please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.