Date Added: 11 January 2018
: 2 February 2018
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council
Salary: £22,000-26,000 PA depending on experience
The Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council (CWEIC), is an organisation which works to facilitate trade and investment across the 52 states of the Commonwealth and supports private sector companies and governments to promote economic activity,
CWEIC organizes the biennial Commonwealth Business Forum which is an integral part of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, convening Heads of Government, business leaders, industry experts and senior government representatives to debate the issues that are key to Commonwealth trade.
CWEIC is looking to recruit a Communications Officer to support the Director for Government Relations and Corporate Affairs. Successful applicants will be responsible for drafting and editing press releases, articles and social media posts as well maintaining a database of external stakeholders and distribution lists, abiding by data protecting rules.
Key responsibilities include
- Drafting press releases, articles and briefing notes.
- Managing the website and keeping it up-to-date, ensuring quality of content.
- Editing programmes and publications.
- Monitoring social media activity and managing content.
- Suggesting, collating and drafting content for the newsletter.
- Producing engaging content for our digital channels.
- Supporting the wider CWEIC team to ensure content is published on time and in line with organisational standards.
- Liaising with client communications teams’ and utilising external social media and communications outlets.
- Building the knowledge required to be an authoritative owner of their brief.
- Assisting in organising events.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Calm under pressure and able to manage time efficiently.
- Able to manage workflows across multiple channels.
- Confident and articulate on the telephone and in person.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Hootsuite and CRM systems.
- Basic political knowledge, and an interest in international affairs and the trade and investment agenda.
- Experience in building social media presence.
- Commitment to the Commonwealth and it’s values.
Closing Date: 2 February 2018
We will begin interviewing immediately, with the intention of the successful applicant starting in February. This is a 12 month contract.
Applicants should have the right to work in the United Kingdom, and may be expected to travel outside the EU during the course of 2018.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will try to acknowledge every application sent, and will be in contact if we want to arrange an interview.