Date Added: 6 December 2017
: 5 January 2018
Job Title: Political Assistant
Working For: DeHavilland
We are looking for a Political Assistant to join DeHavilland’s Content Team at our London office. This is an exciting role offering a unique opportunity to combine a passion for politics, editorial and public affairs. This role is to be filled as soon as possible and would suit a graduate considering a career in politics or political journalism. The position will allow the successful candidate to develop their knowledge of UK and EU politics and processes, as well as their organisational skills.
Key aspects of the role
• Support Political Analysts in their day to day work across UK and EU, such as proofing reports and political data input
• Provide informative live coverage of parliamentary Select Committees, statements and questions sessions in the House of Commons and debates in the European Parliament
• Provide support in the maintenance of our contact management database, including producing political biographies
• Work closely with the wider team to ensure that all content tasks are completed and meet client expectations
• Contribute to briefings
• Assist with general tasks as directed by Head of Content
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
• Qualified to a degree level, preferably in politics or a related discipline
• Knowledge of British and EU politics
• First-class writing skills and an eye for detail
• Understanding/experience of UK Parliament (desirable)
• Editorial/journalism interest
• Experience of working to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Computer literate – proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• The desire to learn new things and always improve
Based in London and Brussels, DeHavilland is the leading provider of political insight and intelligence on the UK and EU. We provide fast, accurate and relevant information on the latest developments shaping policy and legislation in the UK and EU. We put our clients at the heart of the political agenda by providing mission-critical information and analysis.
Closing Date: 5 January 2018
We are looking to hold interviews starting the w/c 2nd January 2018, with a possible start date in February. We reserve the right to appoint before the application closing date.
Please send a CV and covering letter describing your interest in the role and your suitability to: email@example.com. Please use ‘Political Assistant Application’ as the subject line of your email.
Please note that due to the large number of applications expected, only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.