Date Added: 21 November 2017
: 15 December 2017
Job Title: Internship (Policy & Communications OR Fundraising)
Working For: Oasis Charitable Trust
Charity Number: 1026487
Salary: Paid travel expenses only (relevant London travel zones 1-6)
Please note that there are no set hours and we work with our Interns to be flexible with the role.
Do you have a keen interest in the field of public relations and communications?
Would you like to develop your policy, research and fundraising skills?
Do you want to develop your media industry/journalism studies by gaining practical experience in a multifaceted press team?
Have you wanted to gain experience working in a multi-national charity, supporting young people and their families?
Oasis Charitable Trust is looking for highly organised and self-motivated individuals to join the Oasis family as Interns. Positions are available in the following areas:
- Research & Policy
- PR & Communications.
These positions will be within the Fundraising and Communications Team and will be based at our national office, conveniently based in Central London. Depending on the internship applied for, the successful candidate could get the experience to:
- Communicate with press and broadcast journalists in a media relations environment
- Develop research skills by searching for and identifying suitable evidence for releases, reports and papers, and assist with drafting press releases
- Play an active role in planning and delivering PR campaigns and events (with use of social media)
- Experience a vibrant working environment where you will be able to support the public face of a number of different charities within Oasis
- Manage and develop databases (e.g. media or fundraising)
- Assist with funding applications
This is an unpaid short-term role, but you will benefit from:
- Flexible hours to suit any other commitments you may have
- Paid travel expenses (relevant London travel zones 1-6)
- Supportive, structured line management
- Work with, and be trained by, a friendly team of experienced professionals
- Structured learning and on the job practical training
- A reference at the end of the position
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 15 December 2017
Closing for applications is midday.
Interviews will be held Friday 5th January 2018.
To apply for an Internship, please send a Covering Letter indicating which internship you are interested in and email to email@example.com. You will then be sent a full application pack.