Date Added: 18 November 2017
: 15 January 2018
Job Title: India Intern Coordinator
Working For: Development in Action
Charity Number: 1149279
Salary: A monthly stipend of £350 and contribution of £500 towards flights and visa costs
Development in Action (DiA) is a UK charity which exists to promote global citizenship by improving understanding of and engagement in development issues amongst young people in the UK.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to join the team as the India Intern Coordinator (IIC). As well as preparing interns for their overseas placements, the IIC will be expected to travel to India and provide support to interns completing 2 month or 6 month placements with our partner NGOs.
For recruitment and training purposes the successful application will ideally need to be located within the UK. DiA will provide a monthly stipend of £350 and contribute £500 towards flights and visa costs.
- Prior experience of travelling or working in India and a willingness to travel frequently.
- Voluntary experience, preferably having supported interns or volunteers.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with an ability to engage with people from all backgrounds.
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop and communicate new solutions.
- To act as the main point of contact for India Interns throughout the duration of their placement.
- To prioritise the physical and emotional wellbeing of the volunteers and work to maximise their overall experiences as an intern.
- To plan, coordinate and support with the delivery of pre-departure intern training and in-country orientation training.
- To plan, coordinate and complete visits to placement partners and support with the effective monitoring and reporting of intern activities.
- To maintain regular contact with the India team in the UK and provide updates about procedures.
- To develop strong working with relationships with our Interns and partner NGOs in India.
- To be able to deal with challenging situations effectively and in a sensitive manner.
- To provide support and guidance to interns to ensure that they document their experience over the duration of the placement.
Duration: 3 - 4 Months, departing in June 2018 (flexible working hours).
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 15 January 2018
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Departure date June 2018.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to India@developmentinaction.org with the subject line IIC APPLICATION.