Date Added: 14 November 2017
: 24 November 2017
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Bill Wiggin MP (North Herefordshire)
Location: Leominster, Herefordshire
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Bill Wiggin MP is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivating individual to take on the role of Parliamentary Assistant working in his constituency office in Leominster.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with constituency and policy casework.
- Liaising with government agencies, local authorities, third party organisations and others.
- Communicating with constituents clearly and sensitively on the telephone and in person.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of national and local issues and how they will affect residents.
- General office admin and support.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- Highly organised.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Efficient and fast worker.
- A strong work ethic and prepared for a busy office environment.
- Team player; reliable and enthusiastic.
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 November 2017
Candidates will be notified by email if they have been selected for interview. The role will begin as soon as possible. An appointment may be made before the closing date.
Please email a CV and short covering letter to Mr Wiggin at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Job Application North Herefordshire - [Your Name]'.
Telephone: 0207 219 2394.