Date Added: 14 November 2017
: 24 November 2017
Job Title: Account Manager
Working For: JBP
Salary: £30,000 - £37,500
A great opportunity has arisen to join the JBP Westminster team. JBP is a top-10 public affairs agency with a strong reputation for integrated and strategic communications in policy-led campaigns, supported by high-level media engagement.
We are ideally looking for a communications professional with an agency background. This may be an ambitious senior account executive looking for the next step up, or an experienced account manager looking for a chance to get involved in some exciting campaigns and a portfolio of clients.
In particular, we are looking for candidates with demonstrable experience of media handling, event management, and a good understanding of the political landscape.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong experience of working in media relations and communications (ideally with a policy related focus);
- Established media connections;
- Strong experience of pitching ideas/stories to the media;
- Strong understanding of the wider political landscape;
- Excellent copywriting skills (ie opinion writing, press releases, and web content);
- Experience of deploying social media channels effectively;
- Ability to work flexibly, under pressure and to short deadlines;
- Experience of having managed a team, or keen desire to manage one
- Excellent organisational and time management skills (ie managing multiple client demands at once);
- Commercial instinct, and desire to get involved in new business pitching;
- Confident, conscientious and self-motivated.
Working as part of an integrated team you will:
- Manage client accounts across a range of policy areas and media specialisms;
- Be the main day to day contact for our clients on some of our biggest campaigns and retainers;
- Play an active role in developing campaigns and media relations strategies;
- Be a key part in new business brainstorms and support in the development of new business proposals;
- Author press copy, including opinion writing for national newspapers.
- 25 days' holiday;
- Pension Scheme;
- Company benefits including discounted cinema tickets, gym membership, bikes, and more;
- Share options dependent on length of service.
Closing Date: 24 November 2017
Interviews will take place as soon as appropriate candidates are identified (likely early December).
Please send your CV and a covering letter clearly setting out your experience, and what you think you could bring to JBP, to James Hargrave at email@example.com.
We will acknowledge short-listed candidates.