Date Added: 13 November 2017
: 29 November 2017
Job Title: Data Analyst
Working For: Crest Advisory
We are looking for an enthusiastic and collaborative person to join the Crest team as a data analyst. You will have excellent analytical and methodological skills and be able to apply these to a wide range of information and data as it relates to policing and criminal justice.
The role will be varied and cover all aspects of criminal justice. You may be asked to analyse crime statistics or interrogate and interpret performance data to understand how police forces are coping with changing demand; to bring together data from across courts, probation and prisons to better understand the inter-dependencies between different agencies; or to shed light on what drives police demand. An ability to code would be a distinct advantage as we look to build our own performance datasets in future.
You will have excellent IT skills and be able to present data in a compelling and accessible way for non-experts. You will not be expected to be an expert on criminal justice policy - but curiosity about this area and a keenness to learn are vital.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and experience of modelling
- Ability to identify and apply the most appropriate analytical methods to different situations
- Ability to analyse, interrogate and interpret different datasets
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to present complex data to non-expert audiences
- Excellent IT and presentation skills
- Ability to quality assure analytical work and build the capabilities of others
- Ability to be part of a wider multi disciplinary team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Membership of an analytical profession or equivalent experience
- Understanding of criminal justice policy
- Understanding of qualitative methodologies
- Ability to code
The role is likely to suit a recent graduate or post-graduate, or someone with relevant experience working in a data analysis role, who is looking for an opportunity to develop their skills within a growing company.
You will work from our London office (40 hours per week full-time; a part-time arrangement can be considered).
Closing Date: 29 November 2017
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 4th December in London.
If you are interested please send your CV and one page cover letter to Sarah Kincaid, care of firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your letter whether you are interested in a full-time or part-time position.
If you wish to discuss the role informally, please call Sarah on 020 3542 8993.
For more information please see http://crestadvisory.com/recruiting-data-analyst/.
27 November 2017: the closing date for this advert has been extended.