Date Added: 25 October 2017
: 23 December 2017
Job Title: Volunteer Interns
Working For: Hammersmith and Fulham Conservatives
Hammersmith and Fulham Conservatives are looking to recruit a number of volunteer interns to work in our office in the run-up to next year’s council elections. Successful applicants will report to the Campaign Manager, and will gain first hand experience in a busy Campaign Office. This role would be ideally suited to a student or recent graduate. Hammersmith and Fulham is a marginal borough, and as such our interns will gain an insight into the function and organisation of an exciting election campaign. This position will provide an excellent opportunity for candidates to enhance their CVs and obtain a varied and valuable political office-based experience.
Travel expenses (within London zones 1-6) will be provided, as well as a generous allowance for lunch.
The specific tasks to be undertaken will vary; they may include, but not be limited to:
- Production of campaign materials;
- Working with the Campaign Manager on a range of policy tasks, including research and writing briefings;
- Literature distribution, canvassing and other campaign activities;
- Liaising with councillors, members and activists;
- Other administrative tasks to support the work of the campaign team.
As such the ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a good telephone manner;
- Be self-motivated, hardworking, and a pro-active team player, with the ability to operate within tight deadlines;
- Experience of working with members of the public would be an advantage;
- Have excellent attention to detail;
- IT skills (particularly Microsoft Office and internet research);
- Have knowledge of, and sympathy for, the aims and policies of the Conservative Party.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 23 December 2017
Start date to be agreed. We have a number of positions available and will appoint as and when suitable candidates are found.
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your previous campaign experience and why you are interested in this role. Please include “Intern Application” in your subject line, and indicate in the body of your email the hours you would be willing to volunteer on a per-week basis.