Date Added: 12 October 2017
: 23 October 2017
Job Title: Administration & Communications Officer
Working For: Jenny Rathbone AM (Cardiff Central)
Location: Cardiff Central
Salary: £18,619 - £25,109 (Band 3, Pro-Rata)
Cardiff Central is a diverse constituency with some of the poorest and wealthiest communities in Wales. I need an empathetic but assertive individual with excellent administrative and organisational skills to support me in the National Assembly and in the constituency. You must be able to establish and maintain good relationships with community groups and organisations. High standards of confidentiality are required. Good knowledge and understanding of the constituency would be an advantage.
Main duties include:
- Compile papers for Plenary and Committee meetings and keep track of changes in agendas
- Maintain an appointments diary for the Member, arranging or cancelling appointments, meeting and greeting visitors as required;
- Keep track of issues raised in correspondence, and produce responses as required on Facebook, Twitter, print, video
- Make sure Jenny's website is kept up to date
- Liaise with local community organisations so Jenny can support and collaborate with them as required
Essential criteria include:
- Excellent IT, written and oral communication skills.
- Effective organisation and planning skills;
- Ability to work flexibly on own initiative to tight deadlines, with the ability juggle a range of tasks;
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to deal with a range of people;
- Experience of administrative work and office systems;
This is a varied and multi-faceted role for applicants interested in serving the local community.
Appointment subject to references and a security check.
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 October 2017
Interviews 31 October 2017.
Download an application form and apply via our website.