Date Added: 12 October 2017
: 17 October 2017
Job Title: Communications Manager (Consultations)
Working For: Network Rail
Salary: £32,256 - £36,288
The Corporate Communications team at Network Rail helps the company manage its relationships nationally and locally with the public, our customers, employees, neighbours, business communities and stakeholders including politicians from national to local level.
Based with the consultations team in London, but working nationally across the country, you would help to support the delivery of consistent and effective communications strategies and plans for key projects in line with Network Rail’s corporate communication strategy.
The role is vital to helping us secure the necessary permissions to enable the smooth delivery of the exciting new investment projects. Previous projects the team have worked on include a new flyover at Stafford Norton Bridge, and key elements of the Northern Hub. Current live projects include the Western Rail Link to Heathrow, and a new piece of infrastructure at Werrington Junction on the East Coast Main Line.
You would work closely with all of Network Rail's route communication teams, as well as our national Contact and Communities, Public Affairs and Media teams to deliver a consistent level of public consultation activity across the company.
To be successful within this role, you will possess the essential skills and experience:
- Substantial experience in Corporate Communications
- High standards of written and spoken communication
- The experience and personal credibility to work effectively with senior managers
- Strong influencing skills
- Proven ability to grasp, understand and promote complex and sensitive issues in a persuasive and sensible way
- Ability to develop and maintain a wide network of stakeholder contacts
- Evidence of good planning and financial skills, with the ability to deliver projects and activities on time and within budget
- Experience of directing and managing agency support
- Educated to degree level
- Relevant professional qualification
- Previous experience of working in a planning environment
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Closing Date: 17 October 2017
Candidates will be shortlisted shortly after closing and invited to interview straight away.
Start date is as soon as possible following pre-employment screening.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Apply online: https://ebus2.hiav.networkrail.co.uk/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?OAFunc=IRC_VIS_VAC_DISPLAY&p_svid=2087414&p_spid=6743199&refsh=0