Date Added: 12 October 2017
: 25 October 2017
Job Title: Consultancy: Supporting the implementation of the SDGs
Working For: Saferworld
Salary: £150/day for 30 days work
Saferworld is an independent non-governmental organisation that works to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives.
The consultant will work within Saferworld’s Policy Division. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda define the world’s development agenda from 2015 to 2030. They include a historic commitment under SDG16 “To promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels”. Over the past two years, Saferworld has been working to help translate this global agreement into action.
Your role will be primarily to support the delivery of commitments under Saferworld’s project to promote the implementation of SDG16, but may also involve contributing to work on other priority policy areas.
• To provide support to Saferworld’s Policy Team, focused on the implementation of global policy processes, especially in relation to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and to Gender, Peace & Security (GPS). Additional support may also be provided on related topics, potentially including alternatives to counter-terrorism and migration.
• Undertake policy research in relation to the SDGs, and related areas, such as gender, peace and security.
• Maintain relationships and collaboration with civil society, governments and multilateral actors in policy centres and in Saferworld’s focus countries.
• A Masters’ degree in International Relations, Peace or Development Studies or a related subject.
• 3 years experience of working on international peacebuilding or development programmes.
• Demonstrable understanding of concepts and processes relating to peace, conflict, security and development.
• Understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals, both content and process.
• Experience of organising seminars, conferences, etc.
• Experience in managing international logistics.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Basic financial management skills
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Fluency in English (written and spoken)
You will be contracted for 30 days work over a 3-month period from November 1, 2017 to January 31.
Closing Date: 25 October 2017
Interviews will be scheduled within two weeks after the closing date.
Interested candidates should submit the following to email@example.com:
1. An Expression of Interest in the form of a letter outlining their relevant experience and suitability for the consultancy;
2. Curriculum Vitae.