Date Added: 12 October 2017
: 27 October 2017
Job Title: Policy Caseworker and Communications Officer
Working For: Mike Wood MP (Dudley South)
Location: Constituency office, Dudley South
Salary: In accordance with IPSA payscales (4.5 days per week includes half day Saturday)
Fixed-term contract although a permanent contract may be considered.
- Establish a social media presence in the constituency and monitor media coverage.
- Update the website, twitter and facebook with events and visits.
- Prepare newsletters.
- Research local, regional and national issues to support the MP’s work.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the MP is informed on key issues.
- Liaise with Government agencies, local council, voluntary sector and others agencies to resolve constituency matters.
- Manage and progress a portfolio of casework and ensure all information is accurately captured.
- Attend surgeries, events and other meetings as required.
- Assist with general office admin and tasks as required.
- Expert knowledge in social media and IT.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident with people at all levels.
- Organised and able to prioritise a demanding workload to meet deadlines.
- Able to deal with sensitive issues in a confidential manner.
- Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 October 2017
We expect to hold interviews early November with a view to a start date as soon as possible.
Please send CV and covering letter outlining relevant experience and why you would be suitable for the job to email@example.com.