Date Added: 4 October 2017
: 28 October 2017
Job Title: Global Citizenship Youth Workshop Leaders
Working For: Development in Action
Location: Flexible location
Charity Number: 1149279
Salary: Travel and lunch expenses paid (part-time flexible hours)
Please note that this position is voluntary and therefore there are no set hours.
Development in Action is a volunteer ran development education charity. Our main aim is to engage young people in global issues and promote global citizenship.
Since launching our UK Programme in 2013, we have delivered workshops on a range of global development topics and in the past year alone we have reached over 300 students across the country.
You will be delivering interactive workshops to engage young people of all ages on what it means to be a global citizen and be aware of the world we live in. This role will offer excellent experience for someone looking to start their career in the development or education sectors, is interested in teaching or is looking for a part-time voluntary role to support their interests/career aspirations.
If successful in this role you will:
- Deliver at least two workshops over the academic year using Development in Action’s lesson plans at times that are convenient for you.
- Support young people in learning about global issues.
- Gain teaching experience, leading assemblies, workshops or day-long activities.
- Educate and inspire the next generation of global citizens.
- Research and design workshops with the support of Development in Action’s Education Officer to deliver in schools, colleges and youth groups using our bank of materials and workshop frameworks.
- Attended a funded, introductory training day in London, where you will learn how to deliver and develop workshops and deal with the classroom environment.
- Be part of a network of young people working and volunteering in international development and related sectors.
- Be invited to become a regular contributor to the Development in Action blog.
Person specification. We are looking for:
- A strong commitment to promoting global citizenship amongst young people in the UK.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (preferably with experience of working with children/young adults).
- A demonstrable interest in international development and the power of education.
- Enthusiasm, energy, patience and understanding with a flexible and helpful attitude.
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A positive, can-do approach to problem solving.
- A good level of education.
- Knowledge of MS office.
- Previous experience working in or with schools is desirable.
- Experience of volunteering in the UK/Overseas is desirable.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 28 October 2017
Interviews will take place over skype at mutual convenience.
Workshop Leaders will need to attend a one day training session (expenses paid) on Saturday 28th October 2017.
To apply please email your CV and a one page cover letter detailing why you are applying for the role as Youth Workshop Leader and how you meet the criteria to email@example.com.
All applications will be acknowledged.