Facing History and Ourselves is an international educational nonprofit that provides content, curriculum resources, and professional development to secondary school social studies, civics, humanities, and English teachers. The Office Manager will play a key role on our London team, working with all team members and colleagues in other offices, and interacting with our teachers, partners, Board Members and donors. The Office Manager will handle all administrative requirements of the office, coordinate logistics of Programme and Development events, and manage all expense tracking and financial reporting. We are ideally looking to hire a full-time Office Manager, but are open to a part-time schedule for the right candidate.
• Coordinate logistics for fundraising events
• Assist with managing logistics and budgets for community events, workshops and seminars
• Handle logistics and take meeting notes for Board meetings
• Communicate and maintain project timelines and priorities
• Coordinate London submissions to The Upstander, Digest and other internal publications
• Coordinate Facing History London twitter account and website page
• Provide support to production and upkeep of marketing materials
• Oversee/facilitate the annual audit
• Track and process orders, invoices and expenses
• Support the UK Director with fundraising activities
• Maintain records of financial transactions
• Responsible for office space, equipment and resource materials
• Maintain organisational planning documents and Salesforce data
• Support the UK Programme staff’s programmatic activities
• Maintain relationships with suppliers, venues, partners, Board and donors
• Serve as professional “front office” point of contact
• Undergraduate Degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar field/role
• Highly-organised and proactive; ability to prioritise
• Strong team player; collaborative worker
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office, experience of Salesforce a plus
Facing History proudly values diversity. To read our full statement on diversity, please follow the link from our careers page.
Start date - mid January 2018.
Interviews to commence by October 1, 2017.