Date Added: 13 September 2017
: 29 September 2017
Job Title: International Project and Liaison Officer
Working For: Rupert Matthews MEP (East Midlands)
Salary: In line with Parliamentary pay scale
Rupert Matthews is establishing a projects office to assist his additional duties in the European Parliament in Brussels. He is seeking a Projects Officer to help with the running of projects related to international trade, international co-operation and shared cultural outlooks.
Rupert is a member of the Culture and Education Committee and the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety Committee. He is also a member of the Delegation for relations with Switzerland and Norway and to the EU-Iceland Joint Parliamentary Committee.
- Conducting in depth research on various topics in relation to promoting the East Midlands abroad to boost trade and tourism
- A knowledge of Northern Europe and the Baltic is desirable
- Writing project proposals, speeches, articles and providing in depth briefings
- Being proactive, looking to expand projects and achieve effective changes
- Working closely with Westminster colleagues and the East Midlands office to effect change and ensure concerns and local issues are explored and dealt with
- Organising, meetings conferences and events
- Dealing with general administration, travel arrangements and correspondences
Candidate should have:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail is essential
- Strong IT skills
- Previous parliamentary experience is desirable as well as a knowledge of the East Midlands
- A commitment to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Closing Date: 29 September 2017
Interviews will be conducted in the week of the 9th and 16th of October, with a view to start as soon as possible.
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com with ‘International Projects and Liaison officer Application’ in the subject line.