Date Added: 13 September 2017
: 29 September 2017
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Rupert Matthews MEP (East Midlands)
Salary: In line with Parliamentary pay scale
Rupert Matthews requires a Parliamentary assistant to join him in the European Parliament in Brussels.
Rupert is a member of the Culture and Education Committee and the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety Committee. He is also a member of the Delegation for relations with Switzerland and Norway and to the EU-Iceland Joint Parliamentary Committee.
Tasks will include:
- Following the Environment Public Health and Food Safety Committee, also working with other members of staff on the Culture and Education Committee
- Providing in depth briefings and conducting various research in relation to the committees and other projects
- Drafting reports, articles, speeches and helping with amendments and questions working to tight deadlines
- Organising the MEP’s diary as well as meetings, receptions and conferences
- Dealing with general administration, travel arrangements and correspondences
- Working closely with the East Midlands office to ensure local issues are dealt with and raised where appropriate
Candidate should have:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail is essential
- Strong IT skills
- Previous parliamentary experience is desirable as well as a knowledge of the East Midlands
- A commitment to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Closing Date: 29 September 2017
Interviews will be conducted the week of the 9th and 16th of October, with a view to start as soon as possible.
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Application for Parliamentary Assistant’ in the subject line.