Date Added: 11 August 2017
: 27 August 2017
Job Title: EU Policy Analyst
Working For: DeHavilland
DeHavilland is recruiting an EU Policy Analyst to work in our central London office. This would be an excellent role for anyone who is contemplating a career in EU politics or public affairs as it offers a rare opportunity to work with public affairs professionals across a range of industries and sectors.
DeHavilland is the definitive provider of political information and intelligence in the UK & EU based in London and Brussels. Our services help public affairs professionals track, monitor and evaluate the impact of the political environment, enabling them to effectively plan, implement and evaluate their organisation’s objectives.
Brief job description
• Deliver timely and relevant monitoring to customers in the form of alerts and daily/weekly reports
• Produce ad-hoc research for customers, as well as contributing to the many briefings that DeHavilland produces
• Take responsibility for the everyday management of your accounts, making sure that all aspects of service delivery meet client expectations
• Perform administrative tasks to ensure that client records and service arrangements are fully up to date
Key skills, experience and competencies
• A genuine interest in and strong knowledge of EU policies and the political process
• Completed degree in EU affairs, political science or equivalent
• Experience of working in a political/public affairs role, ideally in Brussels
• Ability to deliver information accurately in a fast-paced environment and to think quickly to provide insights and perspective on EU institutional/industry/civil society reports
• Experience of building and developing excellent relationships
• First-class writing and oral skills in English at native level or equivalent
• A keen eye for quality and attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
• Strong communicator and interpersonal skills
• A flexible team-player with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness
• Experience in the European Parliament or in any of the other EU institutions
• Interest in and knowledge of financial services
• Experience and an interest in online information management
Closing Date: 27 August 2017
Interviews will take place at the end of August and beginning of September, with a start date to be determined following the interview. We are looking to fill this post as soon as possible.
Please address your application to Arran Russell and send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email needs to clearly state "EU Policy Analyst Role Application".