Date Added: 11 August 2017
: 24 August 2017
Job Title: Business Administration Apprentice
Working For: Richard Graham MP (Gloucester)
Salary: £200 per week
We are looking for a Business Administration apprentice to provide administrative support for Richard Graham’s constituency office team for 4 days a week and 1 day a week with the Gloucestershire Conservatives.
The apprentice to the office of Richard Graham MP is a crucial part of a small team, offering a great opportunity to learn about how a small office serves the people of Gloucester, and to help with:
- Being the first point of contact for telephone enquiries
- General office administration and keeping casework records up to date and in line with the Data Protection Act 1998
- The filing of project work, letters and photographs
- Helping arrange and organise events
- Working with our researchers on local, national and international issues and providing statistics when necessary.
- Offering assistance in running the MP’s social media accounts, websites and press releases
- Completing all College work and submitting work when due, working towards completing your Level 3 qualification.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills are essential
- A driving licence is desirable
- Well organised
GCSE Maths and English A – C or equivalent qualifications, plus 3 A-Levels or a Business L2 qualification.
The desired candidate will be experienced in using Microsoft Office, be able to manage their time efficiently and effectively, have a flexible approach to working and take pride in their city.
Things to consider
It is essential to be flexible as the office deals with a wide variety of issues. You may be required to work the occasional evening or Saturday. Time off in lieu will be given.
Holiday entitlement: 23 days plus 8 bank holidays
Staff benefits: Staff pension scheme
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 August 2017
Possible start date: 1st September 2017.
You can apply for this job in two ways
1) Completing an application on the www.gov.uk apprenticeship vacancy website; https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-162645
2) Send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with a subject line of 'Business Admin Apprenticeship Vacancy'
For any further details on this vacancy, please contact Aisha Pandor via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone on 01452 501167.