Date Added: 31 July 2017
: 31 August 2017
Job Title: Public Affairs Executive
Working For: a client of Carousel Consultancy Ltd
Salary: Up to £30,000 PA plus benefits
An interesting and varied position as the Public Affairs Executive at a leading travel industry organisation in the City has become available.
The position will play a critical role in supporting the delivery of the organisation’s public affairs activity including their influencing work in the new Parliament.
This role requires an experience Public Affairs professional with solid experience of public affairs and lobbying and an understanding of the regulatory context in which the business is operating.
The role of the Public Affairs Executive will include:
- Supporting the organisation’s Public Affairs team in delivering their public affairs, research and trade relations agenda where required
- Providing administration including drafting correspondence, database management, event management, liaison with members and supporting input into policy areas
- Building and maintaining relationships with key advocates and stakeholders
- Tracking and monitoring policy activity, opinion leaders and decision influencers
- Tracking development of specific legislation and processes of interest to the organisation and their members
- Briefing senior management and liaising with the public affair’s agency
- Occasional travel will be required
- Key skills and experience required to be considered for this role, include:
- Previous experience in a similar role, or in Parliament, preferably within the travel or tourism industries (media, public affairs dept/agency, think tank or trade association etc)
- Solid experience of public affairs and lobbying
- In depth knowledge of the UK political institutions and the legislative process
- Knowledge of the EU institutions and legislative process would be beneficial
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with influence and credibility
- Proven ability to summarise accurately, present arguments and make recommendations
- Highly organised, motivated and professional with a good eye for detail and accuracy
- Our client is looking for the right person to fulfil this interesting and challenging role, in return they offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Closing Date: 31 August 2017
Please submit your CV in Word format, quoting ‘w4mp - Public Affairs Exec’ or via: https://www.reed.co.uk/jobs/public-affairs-executive/32726989?utm_source=adzuna&utm_medium=aggregator&utm_content=clickcast&utm_term=REG&utm_campaign=legal&utm_content=adz_1000-42
We have a fair and comprehensive selection procedure based on the requirements of our clients. If you have not been contacted within two working days your application for this position has been unsuccessful.
9 August 2017: this advert has been removed before the closing date as enough applications have now been received.