Date Added: 17 July 2017
: 23 July 2017
Job Title: Caseworker/Admin Officer
Working For: Chris Matheson MP (City of Chester)
Salary: £16,478 - £22,000
Chris Matheson MP is looking for a full time Caseworker/Admin Officer to join his busy team for a fixed period of 3 months. The post will be based in Mr Matheson’s constituency office, and the successful candidate will help deliver a first rate service to the people of City of Chester.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a good telephone manner
- Experience of working and dealing with the general public
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of an extremely busy team
- A strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise a demanding workload, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Office reception duties; door, telephone and mail
- Administrative duties including printing, photocopying and filing
- Attending surgeries and other meetings if necessary
- Managing and progressing a portfolio of casework, including logging cases, taking appropriate actions promptly, monitoring progress and bringing cases to a successful close
- Liaising with government departments and agencies, voluntary sector and other organisations, to help resolve cases
- Retaining records and information confidentially, and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Draft responses and respond to constituents on any issues raised on behalf of the Member
- Assist with the work of other colleagues as required
- Any other tasks required.
Direct experience is not required, but the successful candidate would be expected to have relevant transferrable skills.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 July 2017
Interviews to be held soon after closing date. To start with immediate effect.
Please note that applications received after 12pm will not be accepted.
Please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than one page of A4 setting out your eligibility for the role, paying particular attention to the necessary skills, responsibilities and experience to email@example.com. Please put “Job application - YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
Please note that due to the high volume of expected applications we will only contact you if shortlisted for the role.