Date Added: 17 July 2017
: 25 August 2017
Job Title: Team Administrator
Working For: Independent Schools Inspectorate
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum
The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) a not-for-profit organisation responsible for the inspection of schools in membership of the Associations that make up the Independent Schools Council. We provide objective inspections to safeguard the quality and effectiveness of the education, care and welfare of children in schools.
Based in Barbican, the organisation has approximately 30 employees, and contracts with a pool of over 1000 carefully selected and trained inspectors to provide its services across the UK and internationally.
Following a recent restructure, we are now looking to appoint a Team Administrator. The role sits within a team of three staff who provide admin services and support for staff and inspectors.
Main purpose of the role:
Provision of a comprehensive administrative service to members of the leadership team, including cover for the PA/Office Manager and Receptionist.
- Filter phone calls in a professional manner, transferring to the correct person first time. Recording and passing on accurate messages.
- Manage travel arrangements for members of the leadership team including submitting expenses claims to Finance.
- Ad-hoc administrative support to the PA/Office Manager.
- Cover for the PA/Office Manager and Receptionist during periods of absence.
- Arrange appointments and meetings including the production of agenda, minutes, presentations or reports.
- Proof-read and format documents to specified standards.
- Support research projects as directed by the line manager.
- Setup and maintain accurate and easily accessible manual and electronic filing systems.
Ideal candidates will have
- A good general education, to at least GCSE level
- First class customer service skills
- Advanced IT skills - Advanced Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Around four years' experience working in an office environment ideally as an administrator
- Experience of handling sensitive and confidential matters
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently & solve problems
Experience of the education sector would be beneficial, but is not essential.
Closing Date: 25 August 2017
If you would like to apply for this position please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.