Date Added: 17 July 2017
: 14 August 2017
Job Title: Constituency Organiser
Working For: Yeovil Lib Dems
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000
Scope of the role
We are looking for a dynamic organiser who will help us to innovate as we look to build our party towards the challenge of retaining control of South Somerset District Council in 2019. The successful candidate will work from our constituency office, supporting the work of our Parliamentarians and elected officials. This is a fantastic opportunity to refresh campaigning infrastructure and build a winning team for the future.
- Act as primary point of contact for Lib Dem members, activists and councillors across Yeovil and neighbouring constituencies.
- Produce effective literature to support campaigns.
- Build relationships with journalists and key stakeholders.
- Support campaigning activity, including regular press releases and social media.
- Liaise with national and regional party structures.
• Support the work of our District, County & Town Councillors, current and future candidates. Including attendance and support for Council Group Meetings where required.
• Design and produce high quality campaign materials against agreed deadlines.
• Help manage digital communications channels such as websites, social media and email.
• Assist with the running of the Liberal Democrat office.
• With the membership development officer ensure that volunteers are motivated, used effectively and trained.
• Organise and participate in campaigns as appropriate.
• Liaise with members, activists and supporters.
• Use a database effectively for campaigning purposes.
• Organise training in a range of areas as needed, using both own expertise and other experts.
• Assist the local party with fund-raising activities and social events.
• Provide reports as needed to our Constituency Leadership Team and Constituency Council.
• Work with other constituencies as required.
• Any other duties related to the scope of this post.
Further details can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/y7st6l4w.
Closing Date: 14 August 2017
Shortlisting will take place W/C 14/8/17.
Interviews will take place in Yeovil W/C 21/8/17.
We are looking to have the successful candidate in place by late September 2017.
To apply, please send a CV and Covering Letter (including names of referees) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the person specification and outline previous experience. Candidates who do not refer to the Person Specification in their covering letter will not be considered.