Date Added: 17 July 2017
: 1 August 2017
Job Title: Junior Account Executive
Working For: SP Broadway
SP Broadway is a successful, fast-growing public relations consultancy specialising in planning and development with a local government focus. We work across a number of development sectors building relationships with key political, community and media stakeholders to gain planning consent for our clients.
We are looking for a motivated and ambitious candidate who has a genuine interest in planning and development and wants to make a long-term commitment to develop their PR skills and progress within the company.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Tracking issues across Westminster and the media, and writing weekly updates for designated clients
• Participating in new business development
• Helping in the preparation of written material for clients
• Researching and drafting our weekly political e-newsletter, Politics of Planning
• Helping to facilitate and support client public exhibitions
• Helping to organise political breakfast seminars
You will gain experience of:
• Working with clients in a professional setting
• Attending client meetings
• Producing high-quality reports and press releases
• Stakeholder communications
• Political research
The successful candidate will:
• Have a degree in a relevant subject area (e.g. Politics/History/Economics/International Affairs/Philosophy)
• Have good working knowledge of both local government and national government
• Have an interest in politics and planning/development issues
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Have good IT skills
• Have a proactive work ethic and desire to learn and develop on the job
Closing Date: 1 August 2017
Interviews will be scheduled ASAP. Candidates will be asked to prepare three Politics of Planning articles for the interview – for examples of these visit http://www.spbroadway.com/politics-of-planning/. We may appoint before the closing date.
Start date ASAP.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV (max 2 pages) and a covering letter (max 1 page) outlining why you are interested in this position and responding to the criteria outlined above, to David McFarlane at email@example.com.
1 August 2017: this ad has been removed before the closing date as the post has now been filled.