Date Added: 17 July 2017
: 1 August 2017
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Rosie Duffield MP (Canterbury)
Salary: £19,641 - £22,000 depending on experience
Rosie is looking for a pro-active member of staff with a determination to deliver for all constituents. You will be helping to ensure the smooth running of the office and delivering a first-rate service to the people of Canterbury.
This is an excellent opportunity for an organised, efficient person to work at the frontline of politics and make a real difference to people’s lives.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Dealing with standard queries from members of the public – in person, over the phone and by e-mail and letter – and responding where possible, passing on to other staff as appropriate.
• Assisting with the organisation of a range of meetings and events across the constituency.
• Delivering effective communications by supporting the development of Rosie’s website, social media presence and printed materials.
• Monitoring local media coverage and keeping the team up-to-date with issues requiring follow-up.
• Some office administrative and secretarial duties: ordering equipment, printing, filing and general organisation of materials and resources.
• Co-ordinating volunteers within the office, ensuring that the skills and experience of our many volunteers are put to best use in serving the community.
Some occasional weekend and evening work may be required, accompanying Rosie to events.
• Excellent proven interpersonal and written communication skills with a positive and flexible approach.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Experience writing copy for websites and running and maintaining professional social media platforms.
• Ability to draft letters and emails to a high professional standard with a sharp eye for accuracy.
• Motivated to work independently as well as the ability to work as part of a small team.
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
• An interest in current affairs.
We are willing to be very flexible and fit the role and salary around the best individual(s) for the position. We will consider full time, part-time, term-time only, job shares and flexible working applications.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 1 August 2017
Interviews to be held, the week of 11th August.
To start early/mid September.
To apply, send a one-page cover letter outlining your skills and experience and your vision for the role and a CV of no more than two sides of A4 to firstname.lastname@example.org.