Date Added: 14 July 2017
: 14 September 2017
Job Title: Office Manager/Senior Caseworker (maternity cover)
Working For: John Baron MP (Basildon and Billericay)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales according to experience
Fixed-term (maternity cover)
Location: London, with occasional travel to constituency
- Diary management.
- Overseeing more difficult/complex casework and drafting responses to go through with MP.
- Organising tours and gallery tickets.
- Secretarial duties – filing, photocopying, answering phones, opening post, escorting guests, representing MP etc.
- Monitoring Member’s inbox and distributing work to other staff members as necessary.
- IPSA – submitting claims on behalf of MP.
- Attending surgeries with MP and drafting appropriate follow up correspondence. This role will require some travel to the constituency office in Basildon.
- Liaising with constituency team about casework.
Please note that this is a degree level role and a preference will be shown for candidates that have experience of working in Parliament previously. Knowledge of CMITS and IPSA software is an advantage.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 14 September 2017
Interview dates: ASAP depending on responses.
Start date – end of October 2017 to end of July 2018. May include a handover period.
Please send a covering email and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
19 July 2017: this ad has been removed before the closing date as the post has now been filled.