Date Added: 7 July 2017
: 31 July 2017
Job Title: Conference Producer (Programme Manager)
Working For: GovNet Events
Salary: £24,000 - £25,000 PA
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a conference producer (Programme Manager) to join our team of public sector events writers. GovNet Events hosts around 20 conferences each year and we are looking for a highly-driven and politically astute individual to lead on a portfolio of events. The successful applicant will ideally have 1 year's applicable experience (in a production or research role) and a degree in politics, journalism or similar.
The position represents an exceptional opportunity for those interested in public policy and UK politics.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Sourcing, selecting and securing the participation of high level industry-leading speakers – developing strong professional relationships with central government departments and other public sector organisations
- Conducting in-depth telephone research to produce market-led benefit-driven agendas
- Building knowledge of public policy and key government priorities
- Writing sales-driven brochure, web, direct mail and email copy to drive visitor and sponsorship sales
- Overall project management of events with ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ensuring meticulous on-site execution of conferences to exceptional standard of customer service
What we are looking for
- Time management – to be highly motivated and organised with the ability to multi-task and produce to deadline and targets
- Ability to understand the commercial implications of public policy
- Strong written communication skills – ability to research themes of varying complexity and create copy that is digestible and of a suitable level of detail
- A strong team player equipped to look for solutions which drive optimum performance from their individual events and for the business
- A strong work ethic with a ‘can do’ and ‘unflappable’ attitude
- One year's applicable experience (in a production or research role)
- A degree in politics, journalism or similar
Working with us
GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work, in a fast growing company dedicated to providing the highest quality services and events. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and we offer a competitive salary, holidays, childcare vouchers and a pension scheme.
See full job listing here: http://www.govnet.co.uk/job/programme-manager.
Closing Date: 31 July 2017
Interviews will commence 11th July and take place throughout July in the Central London office (near Victoria tube station), which is where the successful applicant or applicants will be based.
Please e-mail CV and cover letter to Adam Bergin at Adam.Bergin@govnet.co.uk.