Date Added: 19 June 2017
: 30 June 2017
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Andrew Mitchell MP (Sutton Coldfield)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
A challenging and exciting role, working in a busy and fast moving Parliamentary Office for a Senior Conservative Backbencher. A small office of three the successful individual will be expected to work flexibly across the team.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Provide full administrative support
- Provide advice and briefing for meetings - working in conjunction with the Diary Secretary
- Attend meetings both in London and the constituency
- Liaise with media
- Prepare PRs
- Oversee staff and office budgets according to IPSA regulations - submitting and paying all invoices and staff expenditure (training will be given)
- Take responsibility for all aspects of record management and filing systems in the office
Previous experience in these fields and at the House of Commons would be an advantage.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 June 2017
Interviews will be in early July.
A short covering letter and full CV should be sent to Karen Grieve, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.