Date Added: 19 June 2017
: 30 June 2017
Job Title: Office Manager
Working For: John Griffiths AM (Newport East)
Location: Cardiff Bay and Newport
Salary: £24,078 - £33,983 . Recruitment will normally be at the minimum of the range
To manage and co-ordinate all support services, including research, communications, administration and casework for the Assembly Member and Minister. Key tasks will include leading and motivating the staff team and managing the Member’s budgets.
Main duties include:
- Manage other team members reporting to the Assembly Member, including the recruitment and supervision of staff, performance management and other personnel related issues as required.
- Provide a comprehensive secretarial, casework, research, communication and administrative support service, as required.
- Assist in the preparation of speeches and propose oral and/or written questions to Ministers and other senior politicians.
- Represent the member in a professional and effective manner in dealings with the media, constituents and other outside bodies
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working effectively within a political environment, including resolving complex issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Experience of managing the office of an Assembly Member or political representative.
- Experience of communications, including dealing with the media and producing communications material.
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- Ability to investigate, analyse and recommend solutions to complex problems and issues
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to manage a demanding workload with conflicting priorities
You are advised to read the full Job and Person Specification before applying for this post:
Closing Date: 30 June 2017
Interview date: To be confirmed.
Application details can be found here: http://www.assembly.wales/en/gethome/working/am-support-jobs/Pages/MBS-016-17.aspx.