Date Added: 19 June 2017
: 24 June 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Adam Afriyie MP (Windsor)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Adam is looking for a Caseworker to join his parliamentary team and take up policy and constituency casework.
The successful candidate's duties will include:
- Dealing with queries from members of the public
- Drafting responses to constituents
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Analysing patterns of enquiries
- Logging all cases; monitoring progress and ensuring that all identified actions are taken
- Retaining records and information securely and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Knowledge of legislation and guidelines relevant to constituency and policy casework
- Awareness of central and local government structures
- An understanding of the procedures of third party agencies involved in casework queries
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Highly organised and capable of dealing with a large and varied workload
- The ability to work within a small team, to tight deadlines
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
- A working knowledge of parliamentary procedure
- Knowledge of the constituency
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 June 2017
Interviews week commencing Monday 26 June to start Wednesday 26 July.
Please send CV, covering letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com. Your writing sample should be in the form of a letter of response to a constituent's enquiry as to the Government's position on Heathrow expansion.