Date Added: 17 June 2017
: 26 June 2017
Job Title: Junior Caseworker and Administrator
Working For: Lee Rowley MP (North East Derbyshire)
Location: North East Derbyshire (Constituency Office)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Lee Rowley is seeking a junior caseworker and administrator for his busy office, based in the constituency (North East Derbyshire). The successful candidate will have sympathy with the aims and values of the Conservative Party, be flexible to the demands of a busy office and varied work, willing to “pitch in” wherever required and have strong time management, organisational and communication skills.
- Assist with the work of other colleagues if and when required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts.
- Attend surgeries, tribunals and meetings as appropriate
- Deal with daily queries from members of the public by phone, email, letter or in person, taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or enquiries
- Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases
- Have a good telephone manner and an ability to accurately record all information necessary to progress cases
- Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- Manage and progress a portfolio of casework appropriately
- Monitor media coverage and brief the Member accordingly
- Research local, regional or national issues to support Member's work
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
- Undertake general administrative tasks to support the functioning of a busy office, including supporting the member with diary management
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 June 2017
Interviews and start date as soon as possible.
We reserve the right to interview before the closing date, so advise applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Please submit a covering letter, together with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking it for the attention of the Office Manager.