Date Added: 16 June 2017
: 5 July 2017
Job Title: Caseworker/Researcher
Working For: Grant Shapps MP (Welwyn Hatfield)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
The role requires an enthusiastic person to support the office of Grant Shapps MP in dealing with a variety of constituency issues as well as undertaking important research projects on a range of key subjects that attract national attention on an occasional basis as part of Grant’s British Infrastructure Group (BIG) http://britishinfrastructuregroup.uk/.
The successful applicant should have the ability to work in a fast paced office with a dynamic team and expect to work to tight deadlines.
• Provide advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve matters.
• Liaise with Council Members and their officers to resolve matters for constituents.
•Take the lead on a variety of research projects.
• Attend occasional surgeries and other meetings to assist the Member in dealing with constituents’ issues.
• Deal with daily queries from members of the public by phone, email, letter or in person, taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or enquiries.
• Manage own caseload and progress of casework, ensuring all cases are logged updated with any actions taken and outstanding queries are followed up, with urgent cases reported to the Member.
• Assist with the work of other colleagues if and when required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts.
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues.
• Undertake research from readily available sources.
• Take the lead on key research projects.
• Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as the usual IT skills.
• Candidates should also have common sense, sound judgement, excellent organisational skills and the ability to work on their own initiative.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 5 July 2017
An appointment may be made before the closing date if the right candidate is identified sooner.
Please send CV and covering letter to Nicholas Langley firstname.lastname@example.org.