Date Added: 13 June 2017
: 30 June 2017
Job Title: Volunteer
Working For: Dominic Raab MP (Esher and Walton)
Salary: Commuting expenses to and from Westminster reimbursed
Based in Westminster, this volunteer position would ideally suit a gap year student or recent school leaver. Although this is an unpaid role, commuting travel expenses to and from Westminster will be reimbursed. This is a part-time positon (we anticipate 3-4 days a week), and we would prefer to offer a placement of between four and six months.
Main areas of work the volunteer could undertake include:
• Working with the Senior Caseworker to help deal with constituency correspondence
• Supporting the Senior Parliamentary Assistant with research
• Undertaking general administrative/secretarial tasks
• Assisting with the work of other colleagues as required and communicating with internal contacts and local stakeholders
• Other ad-hoc duties as required
Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
• Good communication and administrative skills
• Competent use of IT including Microsoft Office package, email and internet to support the above, including MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel
• Experience of working with members of the public would be an advantage
• Good team work ethic is essential
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 30 June 2017
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. Please note that should a suitable candidate be found, we may recuit before the closing date.
Please send a CV with covering letter to Lucy Camden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state your availability, and how long you are able to commit to the position for, in your application.