Date Added: 12 June 2017
: 11 August 2017
Job Title: Bloggers
Working For: Naked Politics
Naked Politics is a political blogging site dedicated to young people, to provide interesting political articles that speak to them. We aim to combat the mainstream media coverage by providing political opinions that are: “transparent, honest and agenda-free”.
If you have a passion for all things political and care about writing about political and social issues for young people, you may be perfect for us!
What We Are Looking For:
- A non-academic, chatty, informal style.
- Good writing skills.
- Interesting takes on topical issues.
- The ability to be able to form well argued opinions in writing.
- The ability to use evidence to support opinions.
- Articles/blog posts which will be written for young people.
- To support the core values of our site, which is to be “Transparent, Honest and Agenda Free”.
What We're Not Looking For:
- Over the top, sensationalist articles.
- Overly academic writing- we like our articles to be complex in the issues they tackle, but not in the way they are written!
- Anything derogatory or very offensive. We are open to all ranges of political opinion, but it goes without saying we will not tolerate anything deemed to be prejudiced/discriminatory.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 11 August 2017
There are no formal interviews for this post.
Please send in your CV and a short cover letter telling us why you would like to write for us, to our editor at email@example.com.
All applicants that apply will be notified as to whether they have been successful or not.