Date Added: 11 June 2017
: 10 July 2017
Job Title: Volunteering Overseas
Working For: Raleigh International
Location: Nicaragua, Nepal, Tanzania
Charity Number: 1047653
Salary: Voluntary (your flights, visas, vaccinations, food and accommodation are all covered). Volunteers are asked to fundraise £800 to show their commitment
Would you like to make a difference in the world this year?
Half the world’s population is under 25, poverty is still a global issue and unemployment is a challenge facing young people around the world.
Raleigh International needs young people to volunteer overseas with ICS, a volunteering programme which is fully funded by the UK government.
ICS is a development programme that brings together young people from the UK and developing countries to volunteer in some of the poorest communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America. It aims to bring about three things: project impact, volunteer personal development and the creation of active citizens.
Raleigh delivers ICS in Nepal, Tanzania and Nicaragua, and runs programmes all year round.
Currently we are seeking volunteers for 10-12 week placements in autumn 2017.
What could I be doing?
On a Raleigh ICS placement, you could be working on one of two areas:
- WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) – Help improve people’s access and knowledge about safe water and sanitation
- Livelihoods - support young people and women to set up local businesses and build sustainable livelihoods
The programme is open to people aged 18-25 if they are UK or EU citizens that have lived in the UK for the past 12 months.
There are no qualifications needed but you’ll need a positive attitude, commitment, and drive to make a difference.
What’s in it for you?
- It won’t cost you a penny. Your flights, visas, vaccines, training, food, accommodation and travel are all covered
- You’ll build your CV and develop transferable skills that employers value such as leadership, resilience, and flexibility.
- It’s a life-changing opportunity
Closing Date: 10 July 2017
Nepal: 2nd October - 10th December 2017 & 6th October - 14th December 2017.
Nicaragua: 28th September - 20th December 2017.
Tanzania: 25th September - 16th December 2017.
Complete an application form on https://goo.gl/lSfj01 and we’ll invite you to an assessment day!