Westminster Forum Projects is a market leader in organising senior-level seminars on public policy in media, telecoms, education, nutrition, health, energy, transport, the environment and many other areas. We enjoy considerable support from within Parliament and government, in industry and amongst interest groups.
Due to the growth within the organisation we’re currently recruiting for a Communications Officer to join the team, reporting to the General Manager.
Responsibilities to Include:
• Ensuring that written materials for external use and web-based content are grammatically correct and adhering to house style.
• Responsibility for checking, and making ready for publication, external communications. This includes text being uploaded to our website, marketing letters, seminar agendas and materials contained in our delegate packs.
• Handling our activity on social media such as Twitter, as well as liaising with publications that list our events - and there is scope for further written work.
• Excellent command of the English language with sharp editing, proofreading, writing, and communication skills
• Fluency with Microsoft Office - experience of other specialist software - for instance for social media, images and web editing - would be an advantage
• Capable of dealing with a high volume of work, managing their time to deliver work to deadlines.
Interest and experience in web design and copywriting is desirable.
This is an exciting role working for an expanding organisation, and there are plenty of career growth opportunities for the right candidate. The role is full time, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with an hour for lunch based at our friendly offices in Bracknell, Berkshire with convenient road and travel links. There may also be occasional travel to Westminster, making ready and managing the smooth presentation of slides and videos at live events.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Jo Hibburt indicating your current salary and why you believe you would be suitable for the role email@example.com.
19 June 2017: this ad has been removed before the closing date as the position has now been filled.