Date Added: 21 April 2017
: 26 April 2017
Job Title: Personal and Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Chris Philp MP (Croydon South)
Salary: Within IPSA salary guidelines
The successful applicant will have a strong work ethic, be motivated and be able to work as part of a small team. The applicant should be able to manage a large workload and variety of tasks. An excellent telephone manner and communication skills are essential along with a good understanding of parliamentary protocol and the ability to work to tight deadlines with periods of intense activity. Previous parliamentary experience is key, as is clear evidence of a commitment to politics.
The role will include:
• Full range of secretarial and administrative support including answering telephone enquiries and responding to emails and letters.
• Managing the Member’s email inbox.
• Diary management including arranging events, meetings and visits in the constituency and Parliament.
• Dealing with national policy enquiries.
• Monitoring parliamentary business and carrying out research.
• Managing IPSA budgets and ensuring the office is fully equipped.
• Supervising staff and interns where appropriate.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to prioritise own workload and work to tight deadlines under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
• Strong IT skills.
• Previous parliamentary experience.
• Evidence of a commitment to politics.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 April 2017
We may appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
To apply please send a CV (no more than 2 pages) and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.