Date Added: 20 April 2017
: 19 May 2017
Job Title: Events Programmer
Working For: New Statesman
Salary: From £25k (more depending on experience)
The New Statesman is looking for someone to programme and deliver clever, interesting and commercially successful events. This is a creative role that demands an inquiring mind, a good knowledge of politics and business, and very strong research, writing and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities will include:
· Programming public-facing events and developing the brand portfolio
· Researching and compiling target invite lists
· Writing invitations, briefing materials and event copy
· Liaising with clients to identify aims
· Developing political contacts
· Liaising with designers to edit and update adverts, flyers and other visual materials
· Developing marketing content and producing marketing material
Experience and skills
· Excellent written, organisational and interpersonal skills
· Strong knowledge of UK politics – ideally a degree in a related subject - and understanding of global current affairs
· Creativity, good ideas for future events
· 1-2 years in a similar role or a role with relatable skills
· Track record of securing big names for events
· Confidence and experience of dealing with clients
Closing Date: 19 May 2017
An appointment may be made before the closing date, depending on the candidate.
Please send a CV with a brief covering letter and two ideas for New Statesman events to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11 May 2017: this ad has been removed before the closing date as the position has now been filled.