Date Added: 11 April 2017
: 3 May 2017
Job Title: Volunteer
Working For: London Voluntary Service Council
Charity Number: 276886
Salary: Travel and food expenses covered (part-time, flexible hours)
Volunteer opportunity at LVSC (London Voluntary Service Council) – Policy and Campaigns.
LVSC is a Pan London Voluntary Sector organisation with a mission to empower the sector as a collaborative leader. Recently we have developed a manifesto for the London Mayoral candidates
We are recruiting for a part time volunteer, either graduate or under graduate, who:
• is committed to social justice principles
• has an active interest in the voluntary and community sector
• is committed to the principles of equality and diversity
• has an understanding of social policy and campaigning, ideally covering a London/GLA perspective
• has an expertise in digital media and an advanced level of expertise in twitter
• ability to support LVSC staff in delivering external events
• willingness to perform administrative tasks such as data entry
Hours are flexible.
We can cover travel and food expenses (for work undertaken over 6 hours per day).
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 3 May 2017
Interview and start dates envisaged from end of April to early May as mutually convenient.
Please respond via email to Matt Scott email@example.com with your CV and a one page letter covering your interest in the role in relation to the list of points above.