Date Added: 24 March 2017
: 29 April 2017
Job Title: India Intern Coordinator
Working For: Development in Action
Charity Number: 1149279
Salary: Stipend of £350 per month with contribution of £500 towards visa and flight costs
Coordinator required for UK training, India orientation week, facilitation and on-site support across India Monthly Per Diem Granted. £500 towards flights and visa costs.
For over 20 years DiA have connected young people in the UK with the issues affecting them and their fellow citizens around the world through the India Placement Scheme.
The position is for a fixed duration with flexible working hours. The Intern Coordinator will be expected to provide support to interns during structured visits and also be contactable at all times. The successful applicant will ideally need to be located within the UK for recruitment and training and subsequently be able to travel to India to coordinate a team of passionate young interns whilst on placement. You will support the delivery of pre-departure intern training, plan and deliver an in-country orientation week, coordinate volunteer support during their placements and liaise with DiA’s partner organisations.
- Prior experience of travelling or working in India and willingness to travel frequently.
- Voluntary experience, preferably having supported other interns or volunteers.
- Enthusiastic and Self-motivated with an ability to engage with people from all backgrounds.
- Enjoy working under pressure and the challenge of balancing responsibilities.
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop and communicate new solutions.
- Ability to work both within a team and independently.
- Volunteer Management: To prioritise the physical and emotional well-being of the volunteers and to maximise their experiences. Integral to this is designing and delivering Orientation Weeks to support interns' preparation for their placement role.
- Project coordination: To act as point of contact within India, taking the lead in supporting volunteers as and when necessary with logistical advice, arranging visits to each placement partner to monitor volunteer activity, and maintaining and updating procedures with support of India team in UK.
- Relationship management: To professionally represent DiA by dealing with challenging situations that may arise effectively and sensitively.
- Digital Communications: To assist the UK committee in sharing and promoting volunteer and partner organisations.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 29 April 2017
Interviews will be undertaken on a rolling basis. If successful, the India Internship Coordinator (IIC) must be able to attend the volunteer training weekend and the overseas dates in India (mid-June to late September).
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line 'IIC Application'. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.