Date Added: 19 March 2017
: 24 March 2017
Job Title: Programme Assistant
Working For: Global Action Plan
Salary: £18,000 annual salary
About Global Action Plan (GAP)
We are an environmental charity established over 20 years ago to inspire communities of people to take practical environmental action. Working with pioneering businesses, schools and communities, we design and deliver behaviour change programmes that help people live more sustainably, and deliver triple bottom line benefits.
National Clean AIr Day (NCAD)
The UK’s first ever National Clean Air Day is a one day campaign to help millions of people understand how to avoid and reduce air pollution. To ensure the public has simple answers to the questions, “How can I stop air pollution affecting my health?” and “How can I personally reduce air pollution?”
The programme assistant will support the NCAD Campaign team with opportunities to also work across our business engagement projects.
- Keeping NCAD’s social media presence active and engaged with its supporters
- General NCAD marketing support including writing content and contributing to design of materials
- Assisting with delivering staff engagement programmes at clients’ sites
- Data collection and analysis and report writing
- Managing the logistics for events and other external activities
- General project administrative and support activities
Essential skills & experience
- Great organisational skills and real attention to detail
- Competent and confident using social media, in particular Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills with flexibility to address a range of audiences both written and verbal
- Confidence and experience in running successful and impactful engagement activities or campaigns
- Strong comprehension of sustainability and/or air quality and how that applies to people’s everyday realities
- Ability to self-manage and be proactive and flexible
- Confident in prioritisation and managing own workload
- Confident using and experience with Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- Academic qualifications are not required however in the absence of these previous office based experience is essential.
- An interest and some knowledge in air pollution and its impacts on health.
- Some basic skills with the Adobe Creative Suite.
25 days annual leave, pro rata over three months.
Closing Date: 24 March 2017
Interviews to commence on 31st of March 2017.
Send your CV (max 2 sides A4) with a covering letter (max 1 side A4) saying what you would bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org