Date Added: 18 March 2017
: 3 April 2017
Job Title: Digital Communications Volunteer
Working For: Afghanistan and Central Asian Association
Charity Number: 1096908
Salary: Unpaid (part-time, flexible hours)
Location: 24 Deptford Broadway, London SE8 4PA.
Job Purpose: To contribute to the development and delivery of ACAA’s 2017 digital communications strategy and support media and communications in delivering on the organisation’s broader objectives in the UK and Afghanistan.
Part-Time: 3 months (with possibility of extension).
Reporting to: Director
- Experience with a non-governmental organisation or charity sector
- Experience of campaigning in a UK context
- Previous digital/media experience in an academic, voluntary or non-governmental setting
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Assist in the development, designing and implementation of ACAA’s new digital communications strategies
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluation of campaign activities, through updating of impact databases
- Supporting the drafting, editing and uploading of campaign-related content on the ACAA’s website
- Supporting drafting of supporter email newsletter and campaigns
- Keeping ACAA’s social media monitoring tools up to date
- Supporting development of media products and pitching
- Assisting overall campaigns communication functions as required
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Demonstrable high level of proficiency in updating websites and using social media
- Proven administrative and organisational skills
- Self-motivated, possessing initiative and an ability to prioritise/multi-task
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to tailor output to different audiences
- Knowledge of Afghanistan and/or Middle East is desirable
Personal Attributes and Requirements:
- For the successful completion of the digital projects, teamwork will be central to your role. (Guidance will be provided)
- Support and promote diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace
- Work collaboratively with others in all aspects of our work
- Commitment to anti-discriminatory practice and equal opportunities.
- Commitment to upholding the rights of people facing disadvantage and discrimination
- Support the mission, ethos and values of ACAA
For more information visit ACAA's website: http://www.acaa.org.uk.
Closing Date: 3 April 2017
Interview Dates: March 22nd onwards.
Starting Date for Successful Applicant: Immediate.
To apply, please send your CV (2 page) and a cover letter (1 page) which demonstrates your experience and why you would like to work at ACAA. Please send applications to email@example.com referenced.