Date Added: 17 March 2017
: 10 April 2017
Job Title: Intern
Working For: Freshwater UK
Freshwater is a leading integrated communications consultancy specialising in public relations, stakeholder communications, government relations and media communications. We work across a number of sectors, including; transport, professional services, leisure, healthcare, charity, infrastructure and planning.
We are looking for a person with a passion for integrated communication experience to join our team as an intern for a twelve month period initially, with the potential of longer term or permanent employment opportunities for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be highly literate, have excellent written communications skills and, preferably, experience in writing copy for a range of audiences and purposes. The successful candidate will also have an understanding of politics, current affairs and the business landscape, good knowledge of the machinery of government and the media, and an awareness of all elements of the marketing mix.
• Writing long-form articles, press releases and web content
• Monitoring the media, industry and parliament for client issues
• Issuing press releases and selling-in to the media
• Researching policy areas
• Producing briefing documents
• Drafting correspondence
• Drafting media materials
• Contributing social media content
• Assisting at policy conferences
• Contributing to Freshwater’s new business strategy
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent planning and organisation skills
• A willingness to hone existing skills, learn new ones and tackle challenges in a positive way
• Knowledge of different marketing disciplines and of different business sectors
• Knowledge of up to date social media sites and how to implement relevant social media strategies
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to use initiative and be proactive
• Experience/knowledge of junior level account management programmes and processes
• Strong media, communication and networking skills
• Ability to cultivate excellent relationships with journalists, media partners, parliamentarians, their officers and staff
• Ability to negotiate and influence at all levels within an organisation
• Good pitch and presentation skills
LIVING WAGE FOUNDATION APPROVED
Closing Date: 10 April 2017
Interviews will be held from 18th April onwards.
Please visit www.freshwater-uk.com/careers and complete the application form.
To apply for the role, please download and complete the Freshwater application form, and return it to Sarah Whittle, Head of HR, at Sarah.Whittle@freshwater-uk.com along with a covering letter, detailing your salary expectations, and examples of your writing.
Amended 20 March to read 'twelve month period'