Date Added: 17 March 2017
: 31 March 2017
Job Title: Research & Communications Volunteer
Working For: Only Connect
Charity Number: 1116147
Salary: Pay expenses (reasonable travel and £4 lunch)
Only Connect is London’s creative criminal justice charity, rooted in community. Our vision is a more connected, human and just society, where we all choose a crime free life.
The focus of our work is innovation to reduce re-offending. We work with Londoners aged 16+ with recent experience of the justice system, equipping them with the necessary skills, attributes and positive networks to develop and pursue their life goals without harm.
We work in prisons, across youth justice and through our unique Membership centres to deliver projects that build relationships, grow skills and cut crime. Our Membership model offers one single, seamless relationship from custody to community and into future prospects.
Purpose of Role
To provide research and communications support to Only Connect. Main duties include:
- Literature reviews of criminal justice theory and practice to support project design and bid-writing.
- Development and implementation of project evaluation tools, including surveys, interviews and photo elicitation.
- Supporting with our reporting process to include feeding into quarterly reports
- Building a database of delivery partners operating in the local vicinity.
- Social media material generation, including the production of client case studies and opinion-piece blogs in response to criminal justice developments.
- Helping to develop and maintain our twitter account, alongside instagram.
- Development and/or contribution to service user bulletin, keeping them abreast of service offers and progression opportunities.
- Supporting any other research and communication work as required.
Although experience and knowledge of the criminal justice sector is preferable, we welcome all candidates who have strong skills in research, writing and analysis, alongside a demonstrable interest in social policy, politics, youth and/or crime. Education to degree level is essential and a Masters (or work towards a Masters) preferable. Excel skills useful.
Please find more information here.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 31 March 2017
We are looking for someone who can volunteer a minimum of two days per week for a period of three months, with the possibility of extension.
Applications must be in by Friday 31st March.
Interviews will be held on 6 and 7 April.
Start date will be mid April.
To apply for this opportunity please send your CV, a covering letter and a 1-2 page writing sample (e.g. university thesis or blog) to email@example.com.
Unfortunately due to limited resources we are unable to acknowledge applications.