Date Added: 27 February 2017
: 31 March 2017
Job Title: Constituency Support Manager
Working For: William Wragg MP (Hazel Grove)
Location: Marple, Stockport
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience. In line with IPSA pay scales (£19,000 – £29,000)
William Wragg, Member of Parliament for Hazel Grove, is looking to recruit a full-time member of staff to join his Constituency Office based in Marple town centre. The ideal candidate will be bright and enthusiastic, highly organised, and with a keen interest in politics. Some experience of working in a political setting would be an advantage but is not a requirement – and candidates with transferable skills gained for instance in the business or charity sectors will be favourably considered provided they can also demonstrate political understanding.
• Management of the MP’s diary
• Secretarial and administrative office support, file management, mail handling
• Supervise and support other members of staff
• Dealing with enquiries from constituents, media and other stakeholders
• Attend regular weekly advice surgery meetings and other meetings with the MP, as required
• Liaising and co-ordinating with William’s Westminster Office
• Liaising with Government departments, local councils and other organisations
• Planning, co-ordinating, and management community projects
• Communicating aspects of William’s work to relevant audiences
• Drafting and mailing letters to residents on a range of issues
• Research local, regional or national issues to support the MP’s work
• Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases, website or social media content as required
• Assisting with casework as required
The successful candidate will have:
• Proven experience of project management and ability to make positive changes to the community
• Keen political awareness
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of working with members of the public
• An ability to take the initiative and work proactively to manage competing deadlines, to prioritise tasks and work independently
• Excellent attention to detail, especially in written communications
• The ability to work in a sensitive and confidential manner at all times
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office packages
• An awareness of Hazel Grove constituency and William’s political priorities
As part of the role, some travel throughout the constituency and occasional visits to Westminster will be required, as will occasional evening or weekend work.
Candidates should be sympathetic to the broad aims of the Conservative Party, though membership of the Party is not required.
Closing Date: 31 March 2017
Interviews will be held in Marple (or London if preferred) on a rolling basis and an appointment may be made before the closing date if a suitable applicant is found.
Please send a CV and a one page covering letter (in a separate Word document) briefly explaining why you would like to join William’s team and what makes you the right candidate. Send to William Wragg MP via firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Constituency Support Manager Application”.
If you have any questions about the role, please include these in your covering email. We aim to acknowledge all applications, but due to high volume of applications anticipated, please do not chase up as to whether applications have been received, unless more than two weeks have elapsed.
15 March 2017: this ad has been removed before the closing date as the role is no longer being recruited.