Date Added: 8 February 2017
: 28 February 2017
Job Title: Research Intern
Working For: London Community Foundation
Salary: London living wage - £9.75 per hour (initially 2 days per week which may increase)
The position is for 6 months.
Who we are
The London Community Foundation is the charity for London. We believe in a strong and vibrant London, in which everyone has the chance to thrive, regardless of where they are from. Since our inception 20 years ago we have invested over £50M of philanthropic support into more than 10,000 projects across the Capital.
The London Community Foundation is now at a critical point in its development. We have commissioned a report which will outline the approach we will take to community development and investment over the next three years. It will form the basis of transformational growth for the organisation and the launch of a major campaign for London.
The author of this report has operated at the highest levels of government, written for a number of national broadsheets, led projects for leading think-tanks, has founded two charities and sits on a number of charity Boards.
We are seeking a highly capable intern to work with The London Community Foundation to support the author in the delivery of the report and all activity associated with it.
The research intern will:
• Undertake various research projects, identifying key trends and statistics relating to disadvantage and social issues across London, writing succinct reports
• Gather and collate information on projects supported by The London Community Foundation
• Provide general administrative support to the report team, organising meetings, taking notes and minutes where required
• Organise events, seminars and roundtables taking responsibility for all logistics
• A degree with a strong emphasis on research in a relevant subject, preferably post graduate
• An ability to clearly and concisely distil complex issues down into a clear and comprehensible set of findings
• Excellent organisational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• A passion to create transformational social change in London
Closing Date: 28 February 2017
Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis and we may appoint before the close date.
Send a CV of no more than two pages and a one page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Alex Le Vey, Director of Development firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that the subject field is: Research Intern Application.
14 February 2017: this ad has been removed before the closing date as the post has now been filled.