Date Added: 13 January 2017
: 28 February 2017
Job Title: Interim Head of Media & PR (maternity cover)
Working For: ADS Group
Salary: Circa £65,000 PA
ADS Group is the national trade association for the UK’s Aerospace, Defence, Security and Space industries.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced media professional to join us on a fixed-term contract as Interim Head of Media & PR to lead our busy press team in delivering high quality media coverage that strengthens ADS’s position as the trusted voice of our sectors.
This is for a 12 month fixed-term, commencing in March 2017.
Based in London and reporting to the Director of Policy, you will be primarily responsible for:
• Promoting ADS and its role in supporting global industries as a ‘go to’ commentator on key policy issues affecting our members
• Working with media colleagues in industry to promote initiatives critical to their company’s global competitiveness
• Supporting PR activity around International trade shows at which ADS and our members are present, including the Paris Airshow in June and DSEI in September
• Managing the activity and line manage the PR and Media Officer
• Ensuring high-quality outputs from the team; with clear, concise and consistent messaging
• Working closely with the policy and public affairs teams to manage media messaging on critical political campaigns, including Brexit and the Government’s new Industrial Strategy
We are looking for an enthused candidate who has substantial experience working as a senior media relations professional leading the media relations work of a high-profile consumer brand, NGO or government department.
Key Skills and Competencies
• Strong media relations skills, including packaging stories and selling in to media
• Strong judgement, news sense and a track record in reputation and crisis management
• A wide network of senior media contacts across all channels
• Effective communicator who can share complex information to a wide range of audiences and who has strong writing and messaging skills
• Quick fire reactive response to announcements/issues which could impact ADS or its members
Closing Date: 28 February 2017
Interviews will be held in February with a March 2017 start date.
To apply, or for more information, e-mail Donna.Dooler@adsgroup.org.uk. All applicants should e-mail a CV and covering letter, which must include your salary expectations.
15 February 2017: this ad has been removed before the closing date as the post has now been filled.