Date Added: 11 January 2017
: 28 February 2017
Job Title: Graduate Trainee
Working For: Portland
For anyone looking to kick-start their career within Communications and PR, we are delighted to announce the launch of Portland’s Graduate Programme, starting September 2017.
Portland is a fast-growing strategic communications and public affairs consultancy firm founded in 2001 by Tim Allan. We want to hire and develop the best graduate talent to help our business continue to thrive. We are looking for individuals who stand out from the crowd and have the right combination of academic qualifications, work experience and potential.
The successful applicants will be based within one of Portland’s practice groups, but will gain experience across all our capabilities, which include:
• Corporate Communications
• Public Affairs
• Philanthropy, Global Campaigns and Disputes
• Government Advisory
• Healthcare & Science Communications
• Local Campaigns
• Employee Engagement
The graduate consultant will work on rotation on a fast rotation for 2 months around the teams and then 4 months dedicated in their chosen team.
Competences applicable to the post:
• have the ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance;
• have excellent writing skills;
• be logical, creative and flexible in the appraisal of problems;
• be proficient in the use of research and Internet tools and word processing;
• be able to take direction and report progress on your work with others;
• be organised and able to manage your own workload;
• be passionate about politics and elections.
Closing Date: 28 February 2017
Start date: 4 September 2017.
Applicants need to send their CV and covering letter setting out the reasons for applying, suitability and which areas of our business they are most keen in. Applications need to be sent to: email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.